Carlos F. Rodriguez, MD
Dive Into This Tucson, AZ, Dermatologist's Background
CURRENT WORK EXPERIENCE
Dermatopathologist and Mohs Surgeon, Ironwood Dermatology, Tucson, AZ
Dermatologist, Dermatopathologist and Mohs Surgeon, Arrowhead Dermatology, Phoenix, AZ
Mohs Surgeon, Clear Dermatology/Valley of the Sun Dermatology, Scottsdale, AZ
CURRENT LOCUM TENENS WORK EXPERIENCE
Locum Tenens Dermatopathologist, Georgia Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center, Savannah, GA
Locum Tenens Dermatopathologist, United Dermpartners d/b/a Skin Cancer and Dermatology Institute, Reno, NV
PAST WORK EXPERIENCE
Dermatologist/Dermatopathologist, Spectrum Dermatology, Phoenix, AZ
Dermatologist/Dermatopathologist, Center For Dermatology and Plastic Surgery (Formerly North Scottsdale Dermatology Associates), Scottsdale, AZ
Dermatopathologist, Arizona Skin and Laser Therapy Institute, Phoenix, AZ
Clinical Dermatology Moonlighting (Chicago, IL)
-A&G Dermatology Associates
-Aesthetic Dermatology and Laser Surgery
-Cermak Clinic (Cook County Dept of Corrections)
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Dermatopathology Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Program Director: Drazen M. Jukic, MD, PhD
Dermatology Residency, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL
-Program Director: Warren W. Piette, MD
Transitional Internship, West Suburban Hospital, Oak Park, IL
Doctor of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine
Bachelor of Science, with College Honors and with Highest Distinction in Biological Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago
EXAMINATION & LICENSURE
American Society For Mohs Surgery, Fellow Membership Exam passed 05/26/2016
Board Certified in Dermatopathology, American Board of Dermatology & American Board of Pathology
Board Certified in Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology
Licensed Physician, States of Arizona, Illinois, Georgia, Indiana and Nevada
Research Assistant, Skin Immunology Research Laboratory, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine. PI: Lawrence S. Chan, MD.
Assisted in the creation of a mouse model of the blistering skin disease epidermolysis bullosa acquisita.
1. Rodriguez CF, Akilov O, Geskin L, Feldman T. Cutaneous T cell Lymphoma. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Tumor Board, October 2009.
2. Rodriguez CF, Sheikh H, Jukic DM. Utility of a Web-based Photo Album for Teleconsultation in Dermatopathology- American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting, October 2009.
3. Rodriguez CF. Gouty Panniculitis. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, Gross & Microscopic Symposium, February 2007.
1. Rodriguez CF, Barriuso V, Chan LS. Extensive basal cell carcinoma with probable bone metastasis. Cutis 2007 July;80(1):60-6.
2. Davidian MH, Starosta D, Rodriguez CF, McCracken GA. Derm Dx: Eruptive syringoma. Skin & Aging 2005 Jun;13(6):78-82.
HONORS & AWARDS
Top Doctor, Phoenix Magazine
Avery Brundage Scholarship for outstanding achievement in scholastics and amateur athletics.
Dean's Scholarship, UIC College of Medicine.
Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Competitor and Instructor, Carlson Gracie Jiu-jitsu Academy. Extensive national and international tournament competition including:
- IBJJF Pan American Black Belt Masters Gold Medalist 2015
- IBJJF Masters World Championship Black Belt Bronze Medalist 2012 & 2013
- IBJJF American National Black Belt Masters Champion 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Gracie US Nationals No-Gi Black Belt Champion 2006
Fluent in Portuguese and Spanish.