Dr. Carlos Rodriguez's CV
Dive Into This Tucson, AZ, Dermatologist's Background
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Clinical Dermatologist/Dermatopathologist, Spectrum Dermatology, Phoenix, AZ
Dermatopathologist, Arrowhead Dermatology, Peoria, AZ
Dermatopathologist, Ironwood Dermatology, Tucson, AZ
Dermatopathologist, Arizona Skin and Laser Therapy Institute, Phoenix, AZ
Clinical Dermatologist/Dermatopathologist, Center For Dermatology and Plastic Surgery, Scottsdale, AZ
Clinical Dermatology Moonlighting (Chicago, IL)
-A&G Dermatology Associates
-Aesthetic Dermatology and Laser Surgery
-Cermak Clinic (Cook County Dept of Corrections)
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Dermatopathology Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center-Program Director: Drazen M. Jukic, MD, PhD
Dermatology Residency, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL-Program Director: Warren W. Piette, MD
Transitional Internship, West Suburban Hospital, Oak Park, IL
Doctor of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine
Bachelor of Science, with College Honors and with Highest Distinction in Biological Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago
EXAMINATION & LICENSURE
Board Certified in Dermatopathology, American Board of Dermatology & American Board of Pathology
Board Certified in Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology Licensed Physician, States of Arizona and Illinois
Research Assistant, Skin Immunology Research Laboratory, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine. PI: Lawrence S. Chan, MD.
-Assisted in the creation of a mouse model of the blistering skin disease epidermolysis bullosa acquisita.
1. Rodriguez CF, Akilov O, Geskin L, Feldman T. Cutaneous T cell Lymphoma. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Tumor Board, October 2009.
2. Rodriguez CF, Sheikh H, Jukic DM. Utility of a Web-based Photo Album for Teleconsultation in Dermatopathology- American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting, October 2009.
3. Rodriguez CF. Gouty Panniculitis. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, Gross & Microscopic Symposium, February 2007.
1. Rodriguez CF, Barriuso V, Chan LS. Extensive basal cell carcinoma with probable bone metastasis. Cutis 2007 July;80(1):60-6.
2. Davidian MH, Starosta D, Rodriguez CF, McCracken GA. Derm Dx: Eruptive syringoma. Skin & Aging 2005 Jun;13(6):78-82.
HONORS & AWARDS
Avery Brundage Scholarship for outstanding achievement in scholastics and amateur athletics.
Dean's Scholarship, UIC College of Medicine.
Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Competitor and Instructor, Carlson Gracie Jiu-jitsu Academy. Extensive national and international tournament competition including:
- IBJJF Pan American Championship Black Belt Masters Gold Medalist 2015
- IBJJF World Championship Black Masters Belt Bronze Medalist 2012 & 2013
- IBJJF American National Black Belt Masters Champion 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Gracie US Nationals No-gi Black Belt Champion 2006
Fluent in Portuguese and Spanish.